March 03, 2010

Visiting Liz in Utah

I am blessed enough to have a cousin who lives in Washington as well and made the drive with me to Utah this week. Jill, you are an awesome travel companion! The trip went more smoothly than I could expect and we are glad to be here!

It was really fun for me to spend time with my family, and especially with Liz this week. It was a great time of healthy improvement for her and I was witness to much of it in those few days. She is much braver than I probably ever will be in the face of needles and nurses. She is eating and sleeping better, and seems also to be improving a lot on her level of energy. I am grateful for the time we had together and for the good memories that come with each visit. We enjoyed playing games like Yahtzee and Pictionary, being girly, and just spending time together and talking. My parents are awesome about focusing all available energy on helping her, and JD also does great at coaxing her into drinking just one more milkshake. I had fun seeing Matt on Saturday and will hopefully see a few more friends before I head back to Washington on Friday.

Ben keeps working hard while I am gone, and had a great time snowmobiling with some friends in the ward and visiting his parents and brother on the weekend. The partners at Moss Adams, where Ben works, are very family oriented and understanding which is a blessing to us as I made this trip and as we approach the birth of our first child. The baby should be arriving in about 6 more weeks if everything is on schedule, and we are nervously and excitedly looking forward to welcoming him. My parents started calling him Talmage on this trip (we like that name though we have not settled on it) and my dad started telling me, "eat one (hamburger, piece of peach cobbler, etc) for you and one for Talmage." :) I still enjoy feeling the baby kick as it reminds me that he is continually getting stronger and more persistent. I imagine him in there, hardly able to wait to come into this world and experience the life that awaits him, and it makes me happy. Life is full of blesssings! :)

6 comments:

  1. talmage is a cute name ... n i hope i get to see you tomorrow before you leave! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great write-up of our time together! We love you and are so glad you came. Hope all goes well from now on too.
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to visit your family while Ben is so busy! It is good, too, because you will be amazed at how much more effort and luggage, etc it takes to travel - or even just go to the store or to church with a baby along too. So it's good you got to go while it is a little more convenient and you can "travel light". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - now I just read Jill's blog- Wow! I hope you and little "T" really are okay! That sounds like a really scary way to start a trip. I am so glad things were not worse. Prayers for all of you and many (((Hugs))) too!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have a report of home... I'm so glad you and Liz had some "girlie" time... And glad we had some time too... Thanks Rachel XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your thoughts! I am really glad I got to go, it was so great to be there.

    The trip back was sort of its own separate adventure. I feel so blessed that we were still close to family and able to get help and comfort we needed. Thanks for your support!

    It was great to see you too, Grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete