My Dr. said at my most recent visit with him that our baby is right on track to be born April 10th! My due dates throughout the pregnancy have been between the 10th and 15th of April, and since Ben does taxes... we hope the baby will come April 15th, not sooner.
Life has been going on pretty normally for us for about a week; I regained a lot of energy when I was able to stop taking meds after the accident. At this point, any "effects" of the accident are really indistinguishable from just feeling 8 months pregnant. So I am trying to get the rest of my sewing projects done and doing everything "one more time" before the baby comes (like feeding the missionaries, planning a temple trip, etc). A few friends in my ward are throwing me a baby shower/girls' night party on Friday that should be really fun, so I am looking forward to that.
Ben is still working like crazy! Somehow he manages to make it home early enough to do some fun things together too, although I'm not sure he is getting enough sleep. Last night we went to the Elder's Quorum bowling party and had a great time there. I considered the benefits of bowling a game or two and thought it could be a good story, if I were to have the baby in a bowling alley... but I decided against it and just enjoyed chatting with the other lovely ladies while they bowled. Ben had a great game in the 160s. He also has his last work basketball game tonight, after I get back from Mutual. I think he will get about 12 chargeable hours today.
We feel very blessed to have everything be going so well! Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!
I have a friend who went bowling and went into labor a few hours afterward, so probably best you sat this one out. I am due the 21st, and am hoping she comes early. I guess we are in a race! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteCool! Maybe they'll share a birthday. :)
ReplyDeleteglad you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing too by the way...I would never guess you are due in three weeks with that tiny belly of yours!
Thanks, Jill!
ReplyDeleteI hope your recovery will be speedy too! I'm so glad Scott is able to spend time with you to help.
Everything sounds great! Hope all goes well for ya! I'm sure you'll be soooo happy to have the new baby in your life! ;)
ReplyDeleteRachel- I found your blog off of Liz's recovery blog. I'm sorry that Andrew and I didn't get a chance to really talk with you and Ben while you were here. I know you were busy with visiting and apparently the car accident! I hadn't heard about it and I'm so glad everything is alright with you and the baby! Good luck- your little man is coming so soon and we're so excited for you. It is absolutely wonderful. And yes, you look so cute with your pregnant tummy.
ReplyDelete