March 10, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

After the accident, we waited a couple of days before the long drive home to be sure I was up to it. On Sunday, I went to my parents' ward again and everyone commented on how much I had grown during the week! Apparently the weird way I've been walking makes me look like I'm uncomfortably pregnant instead of recovering from an accident.

Monday we took care of the car, finally selling it to a junkyard for a little more than half the cost of towing it. Then we visited a few family members in the area and got spoiled a little more by my dad before we left, first thing Tuesday morning.

It was snowy weather again so I managed to sleep through most of it while Ben drove. We stopped after about 2 hours to give Ben a break and buy some windshield wiper fluid (it helps) and when we got back on the road 1/2 hour later it was clear! We felt blessed and continued our journey, ending up in Tri Cities in time to see David's family's new house (Ben's brother) and have dinner with them before trading the suburban for our Corolla and heading home. We made it to our house by about 8:30pm and got a good night's rest.

Today we met with my Doctor, Dr. Oldin, and he checked the baby and confirmed that everything looks great!

We feel very blessed at the way everything has turned out to this point and are so grateful to be back home, safe and sound, with our little kicker still living up to that name and as healthy as ever at 5.5 lbs. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and general support. We love you!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are home and doing well. Jill is still pretty sore. Thanks so much for helping Jill and the kids. We think of you often and feel bad for the events of the last few days. We feel so blessed. We will keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy! I am so happy that everything worked out so well and that all are safe! I hope Jill will recover quickly, she took the hardest hit and I was really scared for her. It honestly amazed me when she started talking again after the accident, that's when I felt really strongly that she would be okay.
    Please don't feel bad! The outcome of that day was definitely a miracle and I'm so glad things went as well as they did!
    I hope you are feeling well and that Jill will be soon as well. Thanks for keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad that you are home and everything is good. Hooray for happy endings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you and baby are doing all right! I'm excited for you to be a mom; you'll be so great. We don't live too far from you guys now... I think about 2-3 hours. It would be fun to visit sometime (maybe later this summer?). BTW, do you have my email so I can invite you to our blog? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete