In the last day and 2 nights it seems like every time I shift positions, my hips pop. Is this a normal side effect of pregnancy? Just curious.
Valentine's Day was great to have on a Sunday for us this year, since that is about the only day during the week I have been seeing my husband for more than about 2 hours (awake). Busy season really is... busy. I usually get up with him in the morning and we have breakfast together and read scriptures before I send him off to work. On Fridays we usually stay up a little later and watch a movie together and when we can, he will work extra late on the nights I have mutual so he can come home earlier on one other evening. On Saturdays he usually only has to work 5-6 hours so I get to see him more then, too. On his early nights, we usually try to teach a new member lesson in our home or else go with the missionaries on a visit. It's a blessing to have a calling in common so we get to spend more time together. Our other favorite activities are relaxing at home or going to game nights with friends.
Even with his crazy schedule Ben is great about helping me feel loved and appreciated. He will call me for a few minutes during the day or I will meet him at work to eat lunch together. He helps with the dishes and he spoiled me for Valentine's day with beautiful flowers, a Twix (who needs the fancy V-day chocolates? :) and a cute heart necklace. I got him a card and a bunch of little Disney valentines that I hid all over so he would find them throughout the weekend, and some Reeses hearts. I am looking forward to his upcoming birthday (the 24th) and trying to come up with some fun things.
Any good celebration ideas that take less than an hour?
As for me... I have enjoyed going to ward activities like movie night (with Ben), Spanish class, and recipe exchange. I have also started scrapbooking select pictures and am almost done sewing our cradle bumper. Otherwise I am enjoying being down to my last 8 weeks of pregnancy: taking a lot of naps, and looking forward to having access to my full range of motion and energy again.
My favorite part of being pregnant is definitely still feeling the baby move around and kick inside of me. He is probably about 13-14 inches long right now(I have a Dr. visit on Monday, then I'll know for sure). Life is such a miracle!
Love it when you update your blog. If Ben likes Reeses then we will be real good friends!! I messaged you on facebook. See you soon!
ReplyDeleteI remember having my hips feel loose and occasionally popping, so don't worry too much. Ask your doctor if it keeps up. By the way, you will get normal body back but more to do will keep your energy low, along with sleep deprivation. Good thing babies are worth it! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteHips have to go out of joint to accommodate that little kicker... Keep a lot of support on your tummy and you will do great !
ReplyDeleteLove you Rachel !!
When I was prego with Aurora, I had the same thing happen starting at about 30 weeks. My doctor said it was because my pelvic bone was starting to loosen to allow her to come through. I had nightmares that she was just going to pop out as I was walking. Too bad it's not really that easy... :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear things are going well for you! I miss you!
Enjoy feeling your baby move while you can...when he gets too big it will NOT be pleasant to have his feet in your ribs all day. :) Glad things are going well for you guys, even if Ben is really busy.
ReplyDeletei had my hips pop too. hope it doesn't hurt too much :)
ReplyDeleteNever had a baby, but my hip often pops when I do situps.
ReplyDeleteJust thought you should know....
Lol, thanks everyone for the advice!
ReplyDelete