August 02, 2011

It's a girl!

7-31-11


I guess a lot can happen in 3 months...

We are expecting baby #2 at Christmas time and it's a girl! From the ultrasounds, it looks like she will be a mover- constantly doing flips and waving and moving in general. We are so excited to welcome her to the family. When we found out she's a girl, Ben's face lit up. He is going to be so wrapped around her little fingers, I can tell already. I know Hyrum will be an awesome big brother and he'll be so happy to have someone small to play with and show the world to!

Hyrum is the greatest joy ever! He is such a good boy, I feel so blessed to be his mother! He just plays and giggles with me all the time. He loves reading books together and running and wrestling and tickling. He gets excited when it's time to put his shoes on (to go outside) or when it's time to go to bed. He likes to bang on pots and pans and also often stirs in them, or pretends to eat out of them. I couldn't ask for a better boy.

Liz's anniversary (July 3rd) was actually really good. We were visiting with my family in Utah at the time and we all went to her grave and decorated it and sang some hymns there together. Being together helped a lot, I think. I have had worse days with missing her.

I've been keeping busy decorating the kids' bathroom. I figure I should at least really decorate one room in our house, and that's a good place to start. I finished painting it today-- I did a sandy looking sponge paint and then painted the trim and door plain white. I am putting up starfish as a border along the ceiling (got a boxful at a garage sale, I'm excited to see how it will look!) and decorating with a sea life theme in general. My dad helped me cut out a towel rack out of wood that has coral and other sea plant shapes on it, so I'm painting that too, lots of bright colors, and then the rugs and shower curtain will be blue. Sorry if this is a boring paragraph, I'm pretty excited about this project though!

Ben has just been studying as much as possible, besides scout camps and work stuff. He is taking the last CPA exam this Saturday. He is a trooper. We can both hardly wait for the studying to be really over- we did graduate 2 years ago! We had his 10 year class reunion last weekend and it was fun to meet some of the people he grew up with. Ben is a great support to me and the best dad ever for Hyrum. I'm so lucky to have him.

8 comments:

  1. Ok, this just shows what a horrible friend I am...I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats! You're such a good mom, you're kids are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm excited for you! :) I hope the pregnancy is going well for you. Rada te imam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! so excited for you. (p.s. that was NOT a boring paragraph. i wanna see before and after pics!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada, how could you know if I never posted it? Don't feel bad, and thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I didn't actually take any before pictures but I will be sure to post some after ones. I'm hoping to get it all done in the next 2 weeks or so if possible.


    Hvala, sestra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad for a post.... I was hungry for some news of your sweet family...
    You all look wonderful and waiting for a picture of the bathroom... Sounds cute...LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Happy for you - and your "great expectations!" I love seeing your updates once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you posted again. :) I can't believe I didn't see it right before my trip though. Yes, let's see a pic of the finished wall please! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete