June 09, 2010

Shots and the Weigh-in

Hyrum was pretty brave for his shots. He liked the sugary stuff they gave him right before but not the prick.


He bled a little so they gave him some band aids.


He's recovered nicely though he is still getting over a cough (see below for details).


Hyrum weighed in at 10.4 pounds and measured 23 inches! He gained 3 inches and about 2.5 pounds since his one-month check up. He is right in the middle of the curve, height wise, and a little lean weight wise (Dr. says that's normal when breast feeding) but considering he came a week early we think that is great!


Happy boy.


Hyrum's cough: He started coughing Sunday night and since he had no temperature during the day on Monday and his 2 month appointment Tuesday, I figured he could see the Dr. then. Monday night his temperature shot up to 102.3 so Ben gave him a blessing and we took him to the hospital (Anything over 100.5 is dangerous in a baby Hyrum's age). He was a brave boy for all of the tests they did to try and find the cause of the fever and the nurses who took his x-rays said they've never had a baby behave so well. He has now had as many x-rays in his short life as his mother has had in hers... Dad says Hyrum's on track to be like him.
At the hospital, they couldn't figure out what caused the fever after everything but the Tylenol they gave him brought his temp down enough he was regaining some energy so they suggested we follow up with our Dr. the next day and control his temperature with Tylenol until then. He never even needed another dose of it, his temp has stayed down and he is doing great! We are both trying to get lots of sleep to get rid of the cold. He continues to be a smiley boy despite the stuffy nose and I love him just as much with a growly voice as with his normal squeals and chirps.
I'm grateful for a husband who wields the priesthood on our behalf and for the comfort that priesthood blessings can bring in scary situations.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad Hyrum is doing well and nothing came of the fever and it didn't continue! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! I'm glad that his fever wasn't anything serious. And aren't shots so sad? Aurora cries so hard that I cry with her. I made Steven come to her first shot appointment and he hasn't come since because it's too painful to watch. :( Was it hard for you?
    He's such an adorable baby! Let me know when you're in town next. I'd love to see you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we need to get together! Probably sometime in July. And it is so hard to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fever was a scary one, I'm sure! So glad it came right down. He looks great, and we are glad to hear he is gaining weight and still happy! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie... What a great thing to have that special power right in your home..
    Love you Ben.. Thanks for taking care of my precious grand daughter and your precious baby.
    Love you all

    ReplyDelete