June 04, 2010
June 4, 2010
Hyrum will be 2 months old on Sunday! We can hardly believe how fast he has grown and how much fun he is. He smiles a lot and is more vocal about how he is feeling, even when he is chewing on his binky. He loves riding in his swing and listening to music (both of which put him to sleep after a few minutes, conveniently enough). I am enjoying him more and more as his sleep pattern continues to improve. He currently sleeps for about 2 5-hour chunks at night, so if I can get to sleep right after he eats I feel pretty rested and get to eat breakfast with Ben before he heads off to work. I am getting braver about taking Hyrum on walks (weather permitting) and visiting neighbors- everyone is happy to see him. He has his 2-month check-up on Tuesday next week but I'm guessing he is over 11 pounds now. I'm not looking forward to his shots (knowing how much I hate them, I definitely don't wish them on my baby)but it's like that talk from General Conference about trials. The speaker asked, would a mother ever knowingly do something that she knew would bring her child pain? He answered his own question, "of course she would!" and gave the example of shots. Momentary pain that provides a lasting benefit. I know that this life will seem "but a small moment" and that enduring the pricks and pains that come with it will bring eternal joy. I am grateful for the chance we have to read the words of the prophet and apostles in the Ensign and for the blessing that knowledge is in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad to hear you're all doing well! When are you coming to visit? I need to meet the newest addition to our group!
ReplyDeleteWhit, I'm planning to be there much of July, we'll have to get together!
ReplyDeleteHope the shots went well. He will be fine. You were!
ReplyDelete