May 20, 2009

St. Peter's and the Vatican

The Pieta at St. Peter's.


Beautiful sites at St. Peter's
This stairway at the Vatican is actually a lot shorter than it looks: The artist who designed it had the steps and pillars made in different sizes so that it would appear longer than it actually is.

Outside St. Peter's at the Vatican with our tour guide, Ian. He's the source of all the random bits of information about Italy you find here.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you started a blog. We're excited to stay up on what you're doing. Looks like you had a fabulous vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved this on our visit to Rome with Katharine and Joseph in 2006. It is so incredible to se the history and art all collected in one small city within a city. I'm glad you got to go! Keep up the pictures and blogging. It is wonderful to keep up with you this way. Thanks to your Grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really loved it! There is so much history there! I hope to get more pictures posted soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! you had a great trip and a great guide.
    When I was there We just wandered... It was beautiful but not as much info as you got... I am so glad you got the chance to go...
    Is Slovenia coming soon ???

    ReplyDelete