December turned out a little differently than we expected with a last minute trip to Utah to surprise my family for Christmas! It was great to see everyone and spend a little time with family members in those few days. Ben was sick for most of Christmas day, but otherwise the usual festivities were great, including hearing stories from Grandpa Anderson, lighting luminaries, playing games, sharing gifts, eating Mom's wonderful food, playing bingo, hearing from Elder Britt a little bit about his mission experiences, and seeing the beautiful Liberty Danielle Harris given a name and a blessing. We consider all of our family members and friends to be our greatest blessing and were happy to see those whom we could while we were there.
We got back from our trip in time to let Ben work for a few days and then went to Othello to celebrate the New Year! It was fun to see the Christmas decorations and wish Paul a happy birthday and spend time with our loved ones in Washington.
We are excited to start this new year and continue to excitedly anticipate our kicker. He should be here in about 3 months and I look forward to seeing him kick the air instead of my ribs, although I have to admit that it is a very cool feeling to have that life inside and feel him constantly moving and growing. It seems like he already has such personality! I imagine him to be a lot like Ben, because it seems like he can't wait to get out into the world and make a difference. Maybe it's just me. :) I am finally "popping out" quite a bit and am giving up my last pair of my own pants next week, so I officially look pregnant. It's a weird feeling but I love it.
Ben will start his busy season schedule at Moss Adams this week so he will be working more hours each day plus some on each Saturday from now until April 15th. I made him a calendar with a lot of pictures for Christmas, and I hope it will help him to still recognize me when he sees me. JK, it really won't be that bad. He is planning to go in early so he won't be much later getting home. I will likely be reading a lot and hopefully sewing a bumper for the beautiful cradle given to us by a friend in the ward.
We have had a lot of fun working in our calling as ward missionaries. This week we were able to teach a new member lesson and I am so filled with gratitude for a husband that loves the Lord and knows the scriptures. He is truly an example to me and a wonderful companion. As I consider the past year and all that we have accomplished together, and as we anticipate the new year, I thank my Heavenly Father for arranging for us to meet and for blessing our marriage.
Thanks for keeping in touch! We love you and wish you luck in your New Year's resolutions and all the best in this year 2010!
Nice to hear about your trips and dreams. Mike finally felt his son kicking Cambric...
ReplyDeleteGreat update. We so appreciate the effort it was to get here and share Christmas with us! Make sure you plan time together as life gets more busy. Love you both!
ReplyDeleteMOM
That's great! I think that is one of the coolest experiences. I know Ben loves feeling the baby move! I'm glad Mike got to feel it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom. :)
ReplyDeletei am saying goodbye to my regular pants too! mike n i went maternity pants shopping bc im finally getting to the point where i am big enough to fit into them. n i totall agree it is a CRAZY feeling to feel a lil one moving inside! SO EXCITING!!! <3
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun to see you..... The pamphlets that go with Preach my Gospel are really a great tool.... Are you able to get them there ?
ReplyDeleteYay, it's so exciting to be pregnant at the same time! :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't looked into getting those pamphlets, Grandma, but I totally should! I know they are so helpful. Hopefully this particular family already has seen them since the last one was baptized a little over a year ago. He just never got the new member lessons and can use the support. :)
ReplyDelete