October 23, 2009

Finally Updating...

Dear Family and Friends,

We did finally close on our house on August 13th this year (the day before our extension deadline) and since then we have kept busy with cleaning, painting, and updating our home! We have had a lot of help and support from you and we appreciate all that you do for us.

Also on August 13th, we found out for the first time that we are going to have a baby! We had our first visit to the doctor on October 9th and were very excited to hear the heart beat and view the ultrasound. The baby appears to be healthy with all that we were able to see and should arrive sometime between April 10th and April 15th. We are very excited to welcome this baby into our lives and are working hard to get the major house projects done before it arrives.

I am amazed at how developed our little baby is at only 3 months along! It is about 5 cm yet it has all of the main body parts and organs, and the little heart is already pumping. I have felt nauseated much of the pregnancy but have not been sick, so I am very grateful for that because it enables me to get more done while Ben is at work. Ben started his new job on September 14th with an accounting firm called Moss Adams. He is enjoying his work there and is starting to feel more confident with the company software and procedures. Because of his job as an accountant, we hope (though we won't hold our breath) that the baby will arrive on April 16th. :)

We also received callings in our ward this week! We are excited to serve together as ward missionaries and both feel it is a blessing to have this experience at this time. I have also received a calling to be the Beehives' advisor. There are about five girls in Beehives right now and at least one has moved here recently from Ukraine. I am very excited to be working with them as well.

We are so blessed. We feel the influence of the Lord's hand in our lives daily and hope to become the servants he would have us be. Miracles still happen every day as we watch for them around us. Please know that we love you and pray for you.

Love,
Rachel and Ben

5 comments:

  1. congrats on the baby! we r all due around the same time ... well about a month or so close (you, me, anna, wendy ... am i missing someone?) that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rach and Ben!! I'm so excited for your new house, but even more excited about your new baby!! (in case you're wondering, if it's a girl, it's okay if you call her Shelly.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update! I love all your pictures. So when can I spread the word locally about your pregnancy? :D You know I can't wait to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah. Crystal Cold Arballo, another cousin on Brad's side, is also expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool that our baby will have lots of (second?)cousins the same age, we'll have to get them together sometimes! Congrats to all of the other expecting parents out there too!

    ReplyDelete